The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) recently launched a dedicated customer support page for the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program. The page contains general information on how to submit a general inquiry regarding an EB-5 application or petition, including how to escalate an inquiry to the Immigrant Investor Program Office.
What is the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program?
It is an employment-based immigrant category that allows foreign nationals to qualify for green cards based on investment and employment creation in the United States.
To be granted an EB-5 visa, a foreign national may invest $1 million in a U.S. business and employ 10 U.S. workers or invest $500,000 in either an area of high unemployment or through the Immigrant Investor Pilot Program.
How can I use the EB-5 mailbox?
In its continued effort to make immigrant visa processing more efficient and user-friendly, USCIS has a dedicated mailbox wherein EB-5 applicants may communicate with USCIS for the following:
- Check the status of an EB-5 application or petition that is outside published processing times (For cases within the published processing times, visit Case Status Online).
- Change the contact or attorney information on an EB-5 application or petition.
- Report within 30 days changes to a designated regional center’s operation or administration, including changes of address, contact information, principal(s) and contracting agents.
- Report problems with EB-5 related biometrics processing.
- Report that an EB-5 petition receipt notice or Application Support Center notice has not been received or contains incorrect information.
- Request expedited processing of a pending EB-5 application or petition (the request must include supporting evidence to demonstrate that at least one of the criteria listed on the Expedite Criteria page has been met).
- Report any EB-5 notice or decision that appears to contain a gross error.
The EB-5 Mailbox is not for:
- Policy and legal questions about adjudicative procedures or decisions;
- Questions about the interpretation, implementation or administration of EB-5 laws and regulations, or about official agency guidance related to the adjudication of EB-5 applications or petitions;
- Responses to case-specific requests for evidence, notices or decisions; or
- Any matters unrelated to the EB-5 program.
For additional information, please follow these links to the USCIS dedicated web page, EB-5 filing tips, and general information about the EB-5 Program.
If you are affected by this development or have questions about immigration, the green card process, and naturalization, please contact us. We are here to help. Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn for up-to-date immigration news.
Rasoulpour Torregoza is the law firm for immigrants, by immigrants. We are founded on the motto of LegalEase: we do away with the legal jargon and make law easy to understand, so you can focus on what’s important to you – going for your American Dream.
Contact us at (888) 445-7066 or email@example.com. We are also on social media and on Skype: @LegalEaseUS. ||www.LegalEase.us
This website and blog constitute attorney advertising. Do not consider anything on this website or blog legal advice as the law is dynamic, particularly in the immigration field and nothing in this website constitutes an attorney-client relationship being formed. Set up a one-hour consultation with us before acting on anything you read here. Past results are no guarantee of future results and prior results do not imply or predict future results. Each case is different and must be judged on its own merits.